Out with the old in with the new. Time for a fresh start, make a New Year’s Resolution to organize the office, focus on staff training, really focus on marketing and so on.
We’ve been helping people to run their practices for a long time. Here are 5 things you’ll want to make sure add to your to-do list, just in case you have already stressed yourself out enough.
1. Revisit your goals. Goals are meant to be set, to be revisited and to be changed. What was a priority last mean may no longer be on the table. Things change over time and your goals should change too.
2. If you’re changing your goals, change the parameters to meet those goals. Need more income, less income, more time for you, have more time for the business? Then change the parameters as your goals evolve.
3. Track what’s going on in your business. Yes, we know it’s boring, yes we know it takes time but we both know it’s the only way to know what’s going in your business. It’s the quickest way to identify a little problem and nip it in the bud before it becomes a disaster.
4. Speaking of disasters, make sure you have contingency plans in place in case of the inevitable. Key personnel leave, natural disasters strike, computer hackers infiltrate your database and remove every piece of patient information you’ve ever collected.
5. Relax – you’re only human and you’re doing the best that you can. You’ve been in business for a while now and pretty much everything usually works out okay. And if it doesn’t, well that’s why you have us.